Dorset, Devon and Cornwall Probation Services has been part of Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC) since February 2019 when the Ministry of Justice appointed Seetec to take over the management of probation services in Dorset, Devon and Cornwall.
Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company is operated by Seetec.
We are responsible for:
- The management of low and medium risk service users who have been sentenced to a community or suspended sentence order
- Managing and supporting low and medium risk service users who have been released from prison on licence or are subject to post-release supervision
- Supporting the resettlement of service users in prison via the Through the Gate initiative.
We also provide:
- Unpaid work (‘Community Payback’) to people managed by the community rehabilitation company, the National Probation Service and youth offending service
- Programmes to support the rehabilitation of people managed by the community rehabilitation company and the National Probation Service
- Social services, local councils or criminal justice partners programmes they commission to prevent offending.
We work closely with the National Probation Service, police, prisons, courts and community organisations to reduce reoffending and enable individuals to make positive changes to their lives.
Our social values
We are committed to making a positive contribution to the local communities we serve and our social values underpin the services we deliver.
Investing in people
Our people are our greatest asset. The professionalism, expertise and commitment of our staff allow us to make a positive impact on the lives of service users and the communities we serve.
Investing in our community
We believe all organisations have a responsibility to the societies and communities they serve. We’re dedicated to building local supply chains and have managed hundreds of community projects that improve rural and urban environments.
Positive environmental impact
We continually assess and reduce the environmental impact of our services. We support community groups, and work with local authorities and charities to maintain and improve local environments from woodlands to community centres. We have won HMPPS National Wildlife Awards for our Community Payback projects.
Transparent and accountable services
We deliver a public service, in the public interest which benefits local people and communities. We are committed to supporting social value policies and providing value for money. We provide an accountable service driven by high standards of integrity and transparency.